By: Sharon Aron Baron
Commissioner Nan Rich will be available for questions at a “Meet and Greet” held for Woodlands residents only. Come Meet Commissioner Rich and share with her topics affecting residents and the Woodlands.
The Broward County Commission controls, among many other things, the airport, the seaport, the countywide library system, and mass transit, said Woodlands resident Ilene Michelson. The county’s charter also gives the commission countywide authority for land use planning. So all land use plan amendments ultimately end up at the county commission.
Michelson and Commissioner Rich go back many years when she was the Mayor of Lauderhill, and Rich was a community activist for children’s issues, women’s rights and was president of the National Council on Jewish Women.
“When she was elected to the Florida House and subsequently the Florida Senate, she was the county’s go-to person on the health and human services issues,” said Michelson, formerly known by her last name of Lieberman. “Her knowledge in Medicare, Medicaid, mental health, and children’s preventative healthcare is extensive, and she helped secure funds for many Broward County projects.”
Because the county commission has this authority, commission members will be voting in the near future on the Land Use Plan Amendment from 13th Floor build approximately 425 homes on both courses on the Woodlands Golf Course.
Residents should not miss this opportunity to speak with her about their issues of concern. The only requirement to attend is that you RSVP at 954-463-6100 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let the hosts know you will be there.
This free event takes place on Sunday, November 10, between 11:30 am – 1:30 p.m. at the Section 7 clubhouse at 5700 Mulberry Drive.
The event includes free food and drinks.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.05.295 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.04.2950 Tamarac Restaurants Offering Curbside and Delivery
- News2020.04.28Tamarac Reopens Parks Previously Closed Due to COVID-19
- News2020.04.28Tamarac Metro Diner to Close Permanently Due to Coronavirus Shutdown