By: Sharon Aron Baron
Beginning December 1, Broward County Public Schools will open the School Choice application window for the 2019/20 school year on December 1, where parents can apply online for a school reassignments, Nova and magnet programs.
During the window lasting through February 6, 2019, parents are encouraged to explore all of the district’s School Choice options available for their families.
Broward County Public Schools that are in Woodlands boundaries are:
Pinewood Elementary in North Lauderdale
Silver Lakes Middle School in North Lauderdale
Boyd Anderson High School in Lauderdale Lakes
Whether parents apply December 1 or February 6, they still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school, and if there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Also, magnet and Nova schools provide bus service, a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools and apply online beginning December 1, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level and by individual school name.
The School Choice application will be available online on the School Choice website beginning December 1, 2018, at 8 a.m. For more information on School Choice, parents and guardians can contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Department at 754-321-2480.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2019.07.06Broward County Public Schools Official 2019/2020 Calendar
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies
- News2019.06.13Tamarac Celebrates Independence Day with Two Family-Friendly Events
- News2019.06.05Mitch Ceasar Files to Run for Supervisor of Elections Office