By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Chestnut Model – Vista Villa circa 1970
The brochure reads:
Contemporary Design…in a highly distinctive interpretation of the clean, graceful lines it accents. A classic “idea” home offering spacious leisure living in a picture setting among rolling fairways and winding streams.
- Contemporary roof lines with an extended overhang for durability and all-weather protection
- French doors from bedroom to enclosed porch
- Dining room view of enclosed garden courtyard
- Spacious, walk-in closets in all bedrooms
- Separate breakfast room adjacent to kitchen
- Outside entrance to master bedroom suite
- Distinctive custom-designed lighting fixtures…silent switches
- Safety glass in all sliding doors
- Garden Court entrance foyer
- Air conditioning in all baths
- Cathedral-type domed ceiling in living room (redwood ceiling optional)
- Rustic wood paneling on accent walls
- Decorator bath and kitchens highlighted by custom fixtures
- Custom mica kitchen cabinets
- Italian marble window sills
- Underground utilities…city water…sanitary sewers
This was a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath home with a double garage for $44,590. This price included a screened patio and air conditioning. You could also convert the patio to a Florida room with sliding glass doors for an additional $3,300.
This home seems inexpensive, however, this home was very expensive back in 1970. As a private country club community, the Woodlands was much more expensive than it’s neighbors in Tamarac. Maintenance fees were only $48 a month and included all lawn care, plus use of the recreational facilities.
If you haven’t been to the Woodlands yet, take a drive by and check out these unbelievable mid-century modern homes.
Thank you to Edie Green with Coldwell Banker for sharing these with me and the rest of our community.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.08.05Feeding South Florida Food Distribution Continues in Tamarac
- News2020.08.01Items That Qualify for 2020 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
- 13th Floor News2020.07.29Group That Opposes Rezoning of Golf Course Hosts Meeting with a Candidate
- News2020.07.24Need a COVID-19 Test? Check Out These Locations