By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Cypress Model – Vista Villa circa 1968
The brochure reads:
A distinctive interpretation of the graceful, clean lines inherent in contemporary design, delicately softened by the warmth of beautiful paneling, in a fascinating Two-Bedroom Idea Home, accenting spacious living inside and out….and located in a fairway setting surrounded by magnificent wooded areas. Even a brief study of the floor plan indicates that here truly is a most unusual home. (3-Bedroom plans also available)
- Fully sodded lot with complete sprinkler system
- Distinctive Cedar shingled roof with extended overhang for durability and weather protection
- Picturesque circular drive
- Cathedral open-beam ceiling in living room
- Authentic fireplace, unique in Florida
- Garden court entrance foyer
- Separate dining room viewing enclosed garden courtyard
- Ample dining space and large pantry in kitchen
- French doors from bedroom and living room to enclosed porch
- Room size walk-in closets in every bedroom
- Large storage room in addition to utility room
- Choice of fine professional landscape plans (optional)
This was a 2 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Baths with a double carport all for $27,900! Maintenance fees were only $48 a month. Maintenance fees included all lawn care, plus use of the recreational facilities.
You’ll still see this model home around. There are so many variations that it’s hard to find two that are exactly alike. The cedar shingles have now been replaced with asphalt, and most of the carports have been closed-in to make garages. This home was 2,125 square feet. So for a 2-bedroom home, this was quite spacious inside.
If you haven’t been to the Woodlands yet, take a drive by and check out these unbelievable mid-century modern homes.
Thank you to Edie Green with Coldwell Banker for sharing these with me and the rest of our community.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.