By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Woodlands doesn’t allow garage sales, however many people skirt around this rule by having an “estate sale.” Sounds so much more classier, doesn’t it?
An estate sale is generally done inside your home with invited guests. Whereas, a garage sale usually invites people fresh off the streets to come buy stuff out of your garage.
I always thought people in the Woodlands could use an annual garage sale to clear out their garages because I’ve noticed that not to many people can fit their cars into their own garages. Why would they rather keep some of the most useless items in their garage and keep their most expensive investment, outside of their home in the rain, getting crapped on by birds is beyond me. I have a neighbor, whose name I won’t mention, who has a $100,000 Porche and for the life of me, I can’t figure out what’s so important in his garage that he can’t move that gorgeous car inside. But hey, it’s just a car.
Thankfully, the City of Tamarac does have a a couple of garage sales each year that you can sell your stuff at. Problem is, you have to schlep it there. The latest one is happening on Saturday, April 11, 2015 from 7:30 am-12:00 pm at 7525 N University Dr and if you’re in the market for more stuff, then this is the place for you.
Held at Tamarac Park, which I think should be called Tamarac Park-ing lot, because there isn’t anything park-like about it, it’s very conveniently located near the pedestrian bridge that runs above University Drive.
Sorry, the City hasn’t given any advance notification on how residents can purchase a booth to sell their items so if you are interested, contact 954-597-3523 to find out more. Don’t forget to bring cash.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.12.29Tamarac Offers Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal
- News2020.12.21Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested for Allegedly Scamming Woodlands Resident
- News2020.12.21Wickshire Senior Living Acquires Local Memory Care Community in Tamarac
- News2020.08.05Feeding South Florida Food Distribution Continues in Tamarac