By: Sharon Aron Baron
Farewell to the five hour round of golf because GolfBoard says using one of these can dramatically increase the pace-of-play. Besides being fun and agile on the golf course, this new addition to the standard golf cart can shorten the average round to two and a half hours, making it possible to play 36 holes in five hours.
ClubLink’s Woodlands Country Club is among the first golf facilities in the area to offer GolfBoards to their members and guests and they say they are safe, fun, and easy for everyone to learn. The battery-operated GolfBoard is like a surfboard, however, you can’t tip it over – you turn by leaning. There is room for a golf bag and cupholder, and even enough room for a cooler in the back. The rider can choose a button for low or high speed, and when they release the button, it stops.
Right now, there are four at the Woodlands, and those that want one need to make a reservation, watch a five minute video, and sign a consent form. They’re also $20 more than the average cart price and according to Golf Digest, the base price starts around $3,995. But, there’s no price on the fun and the nimbleness you’ll get by playing golf in a brand new way. One disadvantage? No place for an umbrella, and of course, no more sitting.
Want to reserve one for your next game? Call the pro shop at 954-731-2500. Want to sign the online waiver? You can do it here Online Waiver.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- Latest News2021.10.05‘Dowling For Congress’ Campaign Gets Political Boost From Vice Mayor of Tamarac
- Latest News2021.08.24Questionnaire: Barbara Sharief, Democratic Candidate for U.S. House, District 20
- 13th Floor2021.08.20Tamarac City Commission to Set Date Changing the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes
- Latest News2021.07.06Tamarac Mayor and Commissioner Up for Reelection