By: Sharon Aron Baron
I received a call from a Woodlands neighbor who has lived here for over 30 years who wanted me to remind residents of a few things she thought were important and hoped I could help spread the word. I told her I’d do the best I could.
- Hide your garbage cans: After garbage days, cans should be out of sight and not in front of your garage. Put them inside your garage or hidden from view on the side of your home.
- Light up your home: Make everyday Christmas Day: Every evening your home should be lit up. Front porch lights should be on, back porch lights should be on and if you don’t remember, just hire a handyman like she did to put in timer switches. Not only does it look like you’re home when you’re not, but it makes our neighborhood look more welcoming.
- No walking on the golf courses: especially with children while there are golfers. This is extremely dangerous and she sees this all of the time. Golfers are golfing late into the evening and someone could get hit by a ball.
- People are not picking up after their pets: Too many times people are letting their dogs poop on the golf course or not walking their pets with bags. Always carry bags when you are walking your dogs and pick up after your pets.
- Neighbors that don’t pick up their trash: If Waste Management leaves trash behind on your lawn from your overfilled trash can, you are responsible for picking it up right away.
If you can think of any others. Let us know. Please remember to use your real name when you comment.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.08.05Feeding South Florida Food Distribution Continues in Tamarac
- News2020.08.01Items That Qualify for 2020 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
- 13th Floor News2020.07.29Group That Opposes Rezoning of Golf Course Hosts Meeting with a Candidate
- News2020.07.24Need a COVID-19 Test? Check Out These Locations