The Woodlands Halloween party held on Sunday, October 30th had a large turnout including over 35 children.
The party, which usually is given by the residents of Section Eight was not scheduled this year to the surprise of many residents who enjoy this annual event. Luckily, the residents of Section Five, who usually plan the annual holiday party, decided to make sure that our annual Halloween party went on as usual.
Thanks to the great planning of Section Five Resident Paula Stitt and the residents for allowing the clubhouse to be used for the event, the children once again had a great time. A few days prior to the event, several parents came and helped decorate the clubhouse and set up tables and chairs. The event was a pot-luck and each guest brought a dish or a drink. Many parents got into the Halloween spirit by dressing up along with their children. Local resident and magician, Stephan, entertained the children by performing a “Magic Workshop” and taught the children the secrets behind several tricks which they set up and performed themselves.
Thanks to all the parents that made this event successful. The Annual Holiday party will be announced soon for December and hopefully there will be a large turnout for that as well.
Because next Halloween in 2012 falls on a Wednesday, consideration is being given in having the party on Halloween so we can keep our children in the Woodlands on a school night. Local trick-or-treating near the clubhouse will be set up so all the children stay in a small area.
We have over 100 children living in the Woodlands, if you’d like to get on our parent list, please contact the Web Admin.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- Latest News2021.11.20NatureScape Broward Accepting 2022 Emerald Award Applications
- Latest News2021.10.05‘Dowling For Congress’ Campaign Gets Political Boost From Vice Mayor of Tamarac
- Latest News2021.08.24Questionnaire: Barbara Sharief, Democratic Candidate for U.S. House, District 20
- 13th Floor2021.08.20Tamarac City Commission to Set Date Changing the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes