By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Holly Model – Vista Villa circa 1969
The brochure reads:
A distinctive interpretation of the graceful, clean lines inherent in contemporary design, in a fascinating Two-Bedroom Idea Home. Located in a fairway setting surrounded by magnificent wooded areas….the accent is on spacious living inside and out. Even a brief study of the floor plan indicates that here truly is something most unusual. (3-Bedroom plans also available)
- Fully sodded lot with complete sprinkler system
- Contemporary roof lines with an extended overhang for durability and all-weather protection
- French doors from bedroom to enclosed porch.
- Dining room view of enclosed garden courtyard
- Garden court entrance foyer
- Room size walk-in closets in every bedroom
- Separate breakfast room adjacent to the kitchen.
- Distinctive lighting and bathroom fixture appointments
- Choice of fine professional landscape plans (optional)
This was a 2 Bedroom, 2 Baths with a carport all for $29,900. Unfortunately, the brochure doesn’t say what the square feet was. Maintenance fees were only $48 a month. Maintenance fees included all lawn care, plus use of the recreational facilities.
If you haven’t been to the Woodlands yet, take a drive by and check out these unbelievable mid-century modern homes.
Thank you to Edie Green with Coldwell Banker for sharing these with me and the rest of our community.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.