By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Magnolia Model – Vista Villa circa 1969
The brochure reads:
A distinctive interpretation of the clean, graceful lines inherent in contemporary design, in a fascinating Two-Bedroom Idea Home. Located in a fairway setting surrounded by magnificent wooded areas….the accent is on spacious living inside and out. Even a brief study of the floor plan indicates that here truly is something most unusual.
- Fully sodded lot with complete sprinkler system
- Contemporary roof lines with an extended overhang for durability and all-weather protection
- French doors from bedroom to enclosed porch.
- Dining room view of enclosed garden courtyard
- Garden court entrance foyer
- Room size walk-in closets in every bedroom
- Large storage room in addition to utility room
- Distinctive lighting and bathroom fixture appointments
- Choice of fine professional landscape plans (optional)
This was a 2-Bedroom, 2 -1/2 Bath home with a double carport for $34,750 Optional items were an enclosed screened lanai for $2,650 and central air conditioning and heating for $2,300. This home seems inexpensive, however, it was a luxury back in 1969.
As a private country club community, the Woodlands was much more expensive than its neighbors in Tamarac. Maintenance fees were only $48 a month and included all lawn care, plus use of the recreational facilities.
If you haven’t been to the Woodlands yet, take a drive by and check out these unbelievable mid-century modern homes.
Thank you to Edie Green with Coldwell Banker for sharing these with me and the rest of our community.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.01.14Broward County Planning Council Holds Meeting Affecting the Future of Golf Course
- News2020.01.14Good Boy at Broward County Animal Care Seeks Cuddles and Belly Rubs: Inquire Within
- News2020.01.14Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2020.01.13Rock N’ Ride Car Show and Concert Returns to Tamarac