By: Sharon Aron Baron
NatureScapes are Florida-Friendly landscapes providing habitat for native and migratory wildlife, conserving water, and minimizing common pollutants such as fertilizers and pesticides.
Residents, business owners, schools, and communities of all types can create “islands of green” linked together to make a chain of healthy corridors in our urban environment.
That is why NatureScape is an integral part of Broward County’s water conservation program. Our plant choices and the way we maintain our yard can significantly impact our future water supplies.
NatureScapeBroward is now accepting 2022 Emerald Award applications for businesses, municipalities, schools, government facilities, and homeowners that have created and maintained model Florida-Friendly landscapes or completed exceptional projects that demonstrate visible ecological practices.
- Special Achievement
- Climate Change Leader
- Legacy (Emerald Award winners that have continued to maintain a sustainable landscape and/or enhanced landscape for five or more years.)
Landscape Architects, architectural design firms, and landscape designers are encouraged to submit projects that incorporate UF/IFAS Florida-Friendly principles for single-family residences, multi-family, new construction, large properties, and existing communities. Find Florida-Friendly resources and guidance for professionals here.
Emerald Awards are presented as part of the 20th Anniversary Water Matters Day event at Tree Tops Park in Davie on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
All projects must be recognized by UF/IFAS Florida-Friendly Landscaping program and National Wildlife Federation Garden for Wildlife to qualify for an award. Landscapes that exceed 50% native plant requirement will be awarded extra points by judges.
To download the application, see the attachments below and return via email or mail by January 3, 2022.
Winners will receive their awards and trophies at a ceremony during the 20th Anniversary Annual Water Matters Day.Residents, business owners, schools and communities of all types
Got news? Send it to the Woodlands Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- Latest News2021.11.20NatureScape Broward Accepting 2022 Emerald Award Applications
- Latest News2021.10.05‘Dowling For Congress’ Campaign Gets Political Boost From Vice Mayor of Tamarac
- Latest News2021.08.24Questionnaire: Barbara Sharief, Democratic Candidate for U.S. House, District 20
- 13th Floor2021.08.20Tamarac City Commission to Set Date Changing the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes