Why does our School Board Member choice matter? Why do our schools even matter? Well, even though you may not have children in public schools, there is an entirely new generation of younger couples that are buying homes in the Woodlands that are looking for a good education for their children.
Woodlands-endorsed candidate Dave Thomas will work with our residents to help us get the changes that we need for our schools and our families.
Besides the Woodlands, Dave Thomas has recently received the endorsements of:
- Coral Springs Mayor Scott Brooks
- State Senator Jeremy Ring
- Coral Springs Commissioner Vince Boccard
- Parkland Mayor Michael Udine
- Margate Mayor Joe Varsallone
- North Lauderdale Mayor Jack Brady
- Broward Teachers Union
- Broward Principals and Assistants
We’re happy to say that Dave Thomas won the primaries on August 24th in a six-person race. Our community had a good turnout at the polls for a primary. We’re asking for your support to on November 2nd to please vote for him as our next School Board Member.
About David “Dave” Thomas:
In the Navy, Thomas was a Certified Instructor and Executive Officer of a Training Facility at one of the Navy’s Pacific Training Commands, providing instruction to all Military Services, both foreign and domestic. He has served as the Florida Representative to the Navy’s National Curriculum Committee designing curriculum for all NJROTC classrooms in the country.
For the last 16 years he has taught every type of curriculum – Core, Elective, Advanced Placement, Vocational, Regular and Remedial to Regular, Honors, Special Needs, and Gifted Students. He is currently a teacher at JP Taravella High School in Coral Springs where he currently resides with his wife Cindy who is also a teacher.
Have a question for Dave Thomas? You can contact Dave at Dave@DavidThomasForSchoolBoard.com
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.