By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally-friendly alternative to dispose of used Christmas trees, turning them into mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects, and not only does it provide a safe alternative, but it also gives them a second life.
Tamarac residents can bring their Christmas tree to the Public Services Complex, 6011 Nob Hill Rd., for recycling during regular business hours through Friday, January 22, 2021. They must be free of all decorations, ornaments, and stands.
Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on the Woodlands bulk garbage pick up days. These must be free of all decorations.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.12.29Tamarac Offers Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal
- News2020.12.21Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested for Allegedly Scamming Woodlands Resident
- News2020.12.21Wickshire Senior Living Acquires Local Memory Care Community in Tamarac
- News2020.08.05Feeding South Florida Food Distribution Continues in Tamarac