By: Kurt F. Stone
Having been involved in national politics for nearly 15 years, I was accustomed to running security gauntlets. But nothing I had ever experienced could compare to the number of uzi-toting men surrounding the Oshrey residence. That evening, outside of the White House at 5304 Woodlands Boulevard was probably the most secure residence in America.
“Mr. Secretary,” I said somewhat sheepishly, “It was meant to be humorous.” Mulling it over, he deadpanned, “Ah yes, very funny.”
About Kurt F. Stone: Longtime Woodlands resident Kurt F. Stone is a political historian, author of two mammoth biographic works on Congress, and the eponymous blogger of the internationally-read “The K.F, Stone Weekly.” He teaches at FAU, FIU, and Nova.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.12.29Tamarac Offers Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal
- News2020.12.21Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested for Allegedly Scamming Woodlands Resident
- News2020.12.21Wickshire Senior Living Acquires Local Memory Care Community in Tamarac
- News2020.08.05Feeding South Florida Food Distribution Continues in Tamarac