Thanks to a neighbor on Woodlands Boulevard, we now have our very own landfill right in our neighborhood.
two three weeks and two three rejections by bulk trash pickup, this neighbor seems to think that “Mount Trashmore” will go away on it’s own. But don’t worry, there won’t be any embarrassment or tears of shame from this neighbor who is on the city’s “Most Wanted” list for little code violations such as this.
When chatting with neighbors around the Woodlands, the question I get asked more than anything else is, “What’s being done about that neighbor on the Boulevard?” I give them all the same answer, “What do I look like, the code inspector?” No I don’t really say that, I usually say, “I have no idea, go ask the city.”
What I know is that they are constantly cited due to violations and tend to clean things up just a bit to get themselves out of further trouble. I also know that this neighbor isn’t a kind or easy person to discuss things with, as my daughter and I came to find out after we set up American Flags along Woodlands Boulevard over Memorial Day weekend. We noticed a day later that he took them down and went over to ask him about them since we pay for the flags ourselves. He was very rude to us and refused to return them. I told my daughter that he probably loved them so much he’s keeping them for his family.
Over Independence Day, we’ll remember not to put flags in his yard, and if the garbage isn’t removed by then there won’t be any room for them anyway.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- Latest News2021.11.20NatureScape Broward Accepting 2022 Emerald Award Applications
- Latest News2021.10.05‘Dowling For Congress’ Campaign Gets Political Boost From Vice Mayor of Tamarac
- Latest News2021.08.24Questionnaire: Barbara Sharief, Democratic Candidate for U.S. House, District 20
- 13th Floor2021.08.20Tamarac City Commission to Set Date Changing the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes