By: Sharon Aron Baron
Vegan food, which contains no meat, eggs, or dairy products, has scientifically proven health benefits, plus it is compassionate to animals and protects the environment. Join others and celebrate a healthy vegan lifestyle at this month’s EarthSave event.
EarthSave of Florida celebrates 23 years of community service and VeganMan Jeff Tucker’s 70th birthday with a fundraiser to help continue their programs on Friday, August 30 at 5:00 p.m.
Following up their 400 healthy foodie events since 1996, for only $5, guests receive a potluck by Chef Estela or a TryVegan Buffet by Chef Brook Katz.
In 1996 Jeff Tucker returned from a summit in Santa Cruz, with a handful of Florida Chapters from EarthSave International and Founder, John Robbins, author of “Diet For a New America.” The Vegetarians of Miami Group, based at Miami Dade College’s Environmental Center, was established then other groups in Broward County and the Space Coast followed suit.
No-Shows waste precious vegan food. They ask that you promptly cancel any reservation if you cannot attend. Also, bring your reusable plate-mug-utensils to avoid wasting supplies and conserve natural resources or pay a $1 Eco Fee for their place setting.
RSVP online by the Aug. 28 deadline. Tickets at $7 at the door.
Held at Tamarac Community Center – Paradise Ballroom 8601 W. Commercial Blvd. Tamarac, FL 33351
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.01.14Broward County Planning Council Holds Meeting Affecting the Future of Golf Course
- News2020.01.14Good Boy at Broward County Animal Care Seeks Cuddles and Belly Rubs: Inquire Within
- News2020.01.14Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2020.01.13Rock N’ Ride Car Show and Concert Returns to Tamarac