By: Sharon Aron Baron
Did you notice our new logo and disclaimer the top of this website? A change agreed upon after a very contentious meeting on Monday night with over 30 audience members in attendance. By changing the banner and making the disclaimer more prominent, a potential lawsuit by the association was avoided.
After being served with a “cease and desist,” notice by the attorneys at Becker & Poliakoff on May 1st, without the issue ever being brought to up at a board meeting, I was relieved to find out that these were not the actions of our board as a whole, but at the same time saddened to find out that one person in the Woodlands had the power, or even the inclination to do that to another.
Thank you to all the board members, who stood not only with us, but for our First Amendment rights of free speech, which this website, like every other publication in our country falls under. I’d also like to thank the following board members: Joel, Larry, Marilyn, Bonnie and Alan for insisting that Adam, who was representing this website of-council, to have his time to speak although he was forbidden by our president.
Since 2010, residents are welcome to share their stories and comments. As always, commenters must use their real names, or be a verified subscriber of this site.
Thank you for your support.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- Latest News2022.01.08City of Tamarac Opens COVID Testing Center
- Latest News2021.11.20NatureScape Broward Accepting 2022 Emerald Award Applications
- Latest News2021.10.05‘Dowling For Congress’ Campaign Gets Political Boost From Vice Mayor of Tamarac
- Latest News2021.08.24Questionnaire: Barbara Sharief, Democratic Candidate for U.S. House, District 20