By: Sharon Aron Baron
Here is a fascinating shot of the Woodlands back in 1969. Already you can see homes have been built in Section’s One, Two and parts of Five. You can even see the Behring home near the front entrance. They hadn’t even broken ground on the Country Club we see now. Back then, the Florida Turnpike was simply known as the “Sunshine State Parkway” and it looks like Commercial Blvd didn’t even continue past the Woodlands at that time.
Thanks to realtor Edie Grien for sharing this and many other historical photos.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.01.14Broward County Planning Council Holds Meeting Affecting the Future of Golf Course
- News2020.01.14Good Boy at Broward County Animal Care Seeks Cuddles and Belly Rubs: Inquire Within
- News2020.01.14Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2020.01.13Rock N’ Ride Car Show and Concert Returns to Tamarac