By: Sharon Aron Baron
On November 6, 2018, residents will not only be voting for a new governor and senator for the State of Florida, but they also have the power to make changes in their local government as well.
Woodlands residents will be voting for a new mayor along with their new city commissioner. Candidates running for mayor are Michelle Gomez, Gerald Heller, and Elvin Villalobos. For District 2 candidates are Mike Gelin, Larry Goehrig and Bill Mei.
According to resident and organizer Joel Davidson, the format undetermined at this time will be held so residents can learn more about their views, and have a chance to meet all of those that are running for the seats. In 2014, a candidate forum was held at the same place for the two seats.
Bring your questions and find out who will best represent you, your community and your city.
The forum will be held on Monday, October 15 at 7:00 p.m at the Section eight clubhouse. at 7:00 p.m. 4605 Queen Palm Lane.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2019.07.06Broward County Public Schools Official 2019/2020 Calendar
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies
- News2019.06.13Tamarac Celebrates Independence Day with Two Family-Friendly Events
- News2019.06.05Mitch Ceasar Files to Run for Supervisor of Elections Office