By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac held its Neighborhood Meeting on Wednesday night where the mayor, commissioner and city staff members discussed the latest projects and future events with the city. This particular neighborhood meeting which was held for Tamarac’s District Two was a chance for neighbors to ask newly reinstated Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad questions for the first time.
Several Woodlands neighbors were in attendance including our Woodlands Homeowner’s Association President Patti Fox, Section 1 President Alan Sloane, Section 3 President Michael Delemma and Section 5 President Bonnie Schultz.
Atkins-Grad read a carefully prepared speech, where she said the one issue that she will not discuss was stepping down, and after she was accused of corruption a jury found her, “innocent of all charges.” She never says what she will do for her city or her constituents. Never mentioned are what meetings she has attended or anything else she has done since she has been back in office.
Immediately, in defensive mode, Atkins-Grad walked away without so much as applause from the over 100 in attendance.
- Sharon Aron Baron created the Woodlands Tamarac in 2010 for original News for the community. In 2011 she went on to create Tamarac Talk, in 2012, Coral Springs Talk and 2017, Parkland Talk.
- News2020.12.29Tamarac Offers Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal
- News2020.12.21Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested for Allegedly Scamming Woodlands Resident
- News2020.12.21Wickshire Senior Living Acquires Local Memory Care Community in Tamarac
- News2020.08.05Feeding South Florida Food Distribution Continues in Tamarac